Friday, May 20, 2011

Thank You Teachers!

It is the time to say a great big THANK YOU to all of the teachers in your life!  To thank the great teachers that have touched my children's lives this year I made these:

Pencil Bouquets!
I got the idea here in the blogosphere, but I can't remember where.  Thank you for the inspiration - to anyone who has made something even remotely similar.  You all can take the credit for this!

My daughter was so pleased to give it to her teacher!  She gave one of her huge smile.  That was so cute!

Here is how you can make one too! 

the materials

 I used tin pails, Styrofoam balls cut in half, pencils (LOTS of pencils both color and regular), and 1 1/2" ribbon.


First, cut the Styrofoam balls in half.  I used my Styrofoam cutter.  You know, the one I used here.



Put  one half of a ball in the bottom of a pail.  

 
I put one colored pencil deep into the Styrofoam.


Group the rest of the colored pencils around the first pencil, and group tightly together.  

Yes, this is ponytail holder.  I couldn't find the rubber bands.  I think they are somewhere in my teacher boxes in the garage!
Wrap a rubber band tightly around the erasers of the colored pencils.

Yup, another ponytail holder.
Fill in the area all around the colored pencils with the regular pencils.  Secure them with a second rubber band.  The semicircle of Styrofoam give the pencils a dome-like shape.  


Cute!
 Wrap the pencils with a length of ribbon and tie a tight bow.  Remove the rubber bands. 

Three cute pencil bouquets for three great teachers!
 The project is all done except for the clean- up!

This pile is destined for the recycle bin!


This was  a fun, easy project to make.  Make one for a teacher  you love!  I guarantee, they'll love it!

I would love it if you would "Like" the Greetings From the Asylum page on Facebook.  There is a button on the sidebar!

I am linking up to lots of fun link parties!  To see a complete list click here or on the Linky Party at the top of the page!





Tatertots and Jello

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating













12 comments:

Shari Goodman said...

Loved mine! Thanks! Cute idea.

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Really cute :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my old screen memo board! Have a great weekend, Laurel

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Perfect teacher gift! Thanks so much for linking up at my "BFF" party!

Terrell said...

This is a fabulous idea!! Thank you for the inspiration! I'm off to check out more of your fun blog! Thanks for stopping by Frou Frou Decor!! :D
Terrell

Love Sweet Love said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I would love to follow you back!
Angela

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

This is very cute!
Thank you for a sweet comment too!

Theprincessandthetot said...

Seriously cute!

Renee Hanlon said...

What a cute idea! I am happy to be following you back.

Trish Atkinson said...

What a great idea, I think I am going to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

Very cute! What a great gift!

Lindsay said...

Looks cute! Great job on these!

Creatively Content said...

Hey this is a fun idea for all sorts of gifts! Thanks for follwoing along over at creative contentment, and your fun comment on 'cheeky chores'. :) I am your newest follower. much care.