Monday, March 28, 2011

I am SO Hooked Up!

I'm sure you have heard the old adage: "A place for everything, and everything in its place."  It is so true.  I know when I have a good organization system in place somewhere in my home because that location does not get untidy.  My laundry cupboard is such a place. 



I organized this cupboard five years ago, and it has stayed neat ever since.  There is a place for everything that I need.  There is some space for back-up items.  I can easily find everything quickly, and I can rotate items into use without difficulty. 

Such is my desire for my master bedroom closet.  Before we moved into this house, I knew that all of the closets were trouble.  As is the case with most tract homes, the closets were equipped with a single shelf and clothes bar.  SHEESH!  Who can do any organizing with that?  I couldn't.  We immediately added extra shelving and more clothes rods throughout the house.

My master closet is not bad, but I am always looking to utilize the space in such a way as to allow our things to stay tidy.  This space has always been annoying to me.  The ties stay nicely clipped on the hangers, but the belts often fall into an unsightly heap on the floor (usually helped along their way from a small tug from my children, or gravity, or the air conditioner, or whatever...) 



I am annoyed every time I come into my closet and find one (or many) of those serpentine piles lying on the floor.  To solve this problem, I needed something that would support the weight of the belts.  Hooks were the answer.  I went to Lowe's and picked up a couple of packages of two-pronged hooks. I ( really my dad) attached them to the end of this shelf using an electric screwdriver.  Here is the finished shelf:

My husband's belt is still hanging the old way, not anymore!
These hooks are great!  I have found no strange snake-like belt piles on the floor since this quick, easy installation.  This project cost less than $10, took less than 10 minutes, and has cured a bothersome clutter spot away for good.  Look around.  Where can a few well-placed hooks clean up the crazy from your home?  The other closets are next...

No comments: